QuickBooks POS is a perfect solution for organizations, especially retailers, as a Point of Sale tool. It helps them to make entries of the sales data into the bookkeeping software of the client along with other additional features. However, many users have reported several bugs and errors in the application. One such error is an error initializing QBPOS application log. This error occurs mainly while opening QuickBooks Point of Sale. The error message for the error says, “Error initializing QBPOS application log. If this happens every time you launch the program, please contact technical support”.
QuickBooks customers may handle sales, stock lists, customer offers, customer data, and other financial records using the QuickBooks Point Of Sale edition. QuickBooks POS has recently gained new features such as value query, scanner tag filtering, charge card preparation, and so forth. However, many users have reported “Error initialising QBPOS application log”. The most typical causes of this problem are incompatibility between the two applications or broken window files. It occurs when you attempt to run the programme and an error message displays on your screen stating.
There are two main techniques to resolve the QuickBooks point of sale error initialising QBPOS application log. The first involves editing the QBPOS shell folder, while the second involves creating a new Windows user and making it an administrator. Let’s look at each of these possibilities separately.
Read more – Visit this blog for more interesting insight
Why does the error initializing qbpos application log occur?
The main reason for this error can be some technical glitch while opening the QuickBooks POS application. The other reasons are discussed below:
- Your QB application is outdated.
- The QBPOS shell folder on your system is damaged.
- You have not installed the application properly.
- You have not logged in as the Admin user in the QuickBooks POS.
How to fix the error initializing qbpos application log?
Since we know the error occurs due to the damaged QBPOS shell folder, so to fix the error, we will first fix the shell folder and then follow the other solutions if needed.
Solution 1: Modify and Fix the QBPOSShell folder
- First, press the Ctrl + Alt+ Del keys together and go to the Task Manager.
- Then, go to the Processes tab and click right on QBPOSShell, followed by End Process.
- Next, press the Windows + E keys and open the windows explorer web browser.
- Here, ensure that Windows is displaying Hidden Files and Folders. If you do not see hidden files here, then open Windows File Manager. Click on Organize<Folder< Search options. Here, you will see the View tab; click on the Radio button near the Show Hidden File option. Click Apply< Ok to display the hidden files.
- Now, go to the C:\ Users\ [User Name]\ AppData\ Local and click on Intuit tab.
- Here, find QBPOS Shell with .exe extension and click right on the config file.
- Now, rename it as config-old and close all the open windows.
- Lastly, restart your PC and check for the Error Initializing QBPOS Application Log.
Solution 2: Create a new Windows Admin User
Step 1: Make a new local user account
- Go to the Windows Start button, followed by Settings.
- Then, move to the Accounts, then Family & other users option.
- Then, tap on Add someone else to this PC option.
- Now, select the option saying I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Then, click to Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Now, enter credentials and hit Next.
Read more – About the Quickbooks Error 12009
Step 2: Change the local user account to the admin option
- Again go to the Start button followed by the Settings option.
- Choose Accounts, then Family & other users options.
- Now, put the username that you created earlier and change the account type.
- Then, under the Account type, choose the Administrator option, then OK.
- Lastly, sign in as Admin.
Hopefully!! This article will help you to fix the Error Initializing qbpos Application Log. These steps are the fundamental steps to fixing this error. Additionally, you can also update your application to fix the error. However, if you are still struggling with the error if you are still having trouble with the problem, then you can ping our QuickBooks Support experts at Data Service Solution +1-(855)-955-1942 to get help.