In this article, we’ll walk you through a step-by-step process for fixing the QuickBooks errors OL 301 and 393 that appear while connecting to or downloading online banking transactions. An error notice stating “Your banking institution sent an error message” could appear. It could be that they haven’t activated a service, such as online bill payment, or that your account information has changed. If you’ve ever received an OL 393 or OL 301 issue, look out popular remedies online or call your bank. By following the methods provided later in the text, you can easily fix these mistakes.
QuickBooks error OL-301 generally occurs when there is some connection problem with your financial institution (i.e., bank) while using the direct connect. QB is highly vulnerable to this error OL-301, as it can get you stuck in the middle of the work and hamper your work productivity. It happens when you try to download the bank transactions into the application. Generally, bank outages or company file issues are the main reason for its appearance. So, in this article, we will discuss the exact cause behind this issue as well as the ways to fix the error permanently.
What Triggers QuickBooks Error OL-301?
The potential reason behind the appearance of the error code OL-301 is the connection problem with the bank while using Direct Connect. The other reasons for the same are given in below:
- When your bank website or servers are on maintenance, you may face the error OL-301.
- If your company file has some data integrity issue, the error may appear.
- If your QuickBooks desktop application needs to be updated.
- You have entered the wrong bank information in the QuickBooks Desktop.
- The service that you want to access is not yet activated.
- Incorrect bank login credentials can also be a reason for the QuickBooks error code OL-301.
- The status of your account might have got inactive, or it might have been blocked by the bank for any reason.
- The bank has still kept your identity confirmation request under process.
Solutions to fix the QuickBooks Error Code OL-301
Since the error is related to your financial institution, the troubleshooting steps will mainly focus on making a smooth connection between the bank and QuickBooks. Follow the given solutions to fix the error OL-301.
Solution 1: Deleting the Temporary Internet Files to fix Error OL-301
If you have not updated the Quickbooks to the latest version then you will have to delete the temporary internet files as shown below:
- First, go to the Tools option and select the Online Center icon from there.
- Then, click on the drop-down menu which says Financial Institution. After that, choose the financial institution.
- Next, you need to press the Ctrl+Shift keys together and hit the Contact Info icon.
- Then, from the drop-down list, you have to choose one account that is connected with the bank.
- Next, from the list given there, hit on the Financial Institution Branding & Profile button, followed by the Refresh button.
- Then, hit OK and choose the Update/Send tab.
- Lastly, restart your online sessions error-free.
Read more – About QuickBooks outlook is not responding
Solution 2: Verify your Bank Login Credentials
The error OL-301 also occurs of you have entered wrong log-in credentials for you bank account. So, check if the wrong login credentials are not the reason for the error. And if so, make sure to enter the correct username and password for your bank and then check if the error got resolved.
Solution 3: Manually resolve the error OL-301
For this method, follow the below given steps:
- First, create a Test Company file.
- Then, you need to reset the connection to your bank.
- Next, you have to Reset all online banking connections.
- Lastly, check your company data and contact your bank.
Read more – About QuickBooks error 6147
To Sum Up!!
I know it is very annoying to deal with the Quickbooks Error OL-301, however, do not panic if you get stuck with it. The above mentioned solutions will help you resolve them easily. Even, after that if you do not get how to get rid of it, then you can immediately contact our certified experts by dialing our Toll-free number +1-(855)-955-1942 Our experts will try best to clear your doubts and queries.