What You Need To Know About Blood Test In Dubai
A blood test is an examination of potential substances present in your blood done by a lab. It can be used to monitor how effectively you are controlling certain conditions like cholesterol and diabetes. Additionally, you might need it for regular checkups or sickness.
Counting or analyzing cells, molecules, proteins, and other blood elements can be done with the help of blood tests. One of the most popular kinds of tests performed is a blood test in Dubai, generally known as blood work.
Things You Need To Know
Blood tests are frequently performed. Healthcare professionals direct them to:
- Assess the function of your organs, including your thyroid, liver, heart, and kidneys.
- Diabetes, Cancer, Coronary heart disease, and HIV/AIDS these diseases can be diagnosed
- Helps out if your medicine is working
- Determine whether your immune system is having trouble fighting infections Diagnosis of bleeding or clotting abnormalities;
- Identify anemia, such as hemolytic anemia, aplastic anemia, pernicious anemia, and iron-deficiency anemia.
- Look for hemoglobin variations such as hemoglobin S, C, or E, which are prevalent in people with African, Mediterranean, or Southeast Asian ancestry.
- Tracking chronic illnesses and ailments; spotting early-stage health issues
You have a right to be aware of the reason behind a blood test recommendation. If you’re unsure of the reasoning behind the test, speak with your healthcare professional.
You need to find a blood test lab in Dubai. A medical professional will draw blood from you using a needle so they can examine it. If the thought of needles makes you queasy, tell the technician. You can bring a companion to serve as a distraction while you gaze away from the procedure, such as a friend or family member.
Frequently, the sample is taken from a vein in your arm. You can choose any lab for an affordable blood test in Dubai. You will be sitting or lying down. And You might receive a command to close your fist. The technician will put a rubber band around your arm. Once they have found a vein, the technician will find it, clean the area, and then insert the needle.
You can experience a very small prick. The technician will remove the needle and apply an adhesive bandage to the site after drawing out enough blood. You might be instructed to apply intense pressure to the region to halt any bleeding.
Are there any risks to the test?
There is not much risk involved with having a venipuncture or finger prick test. The majority of adverse effects after venipuncture go away quickly, however, you can suffer a little soreness or bruise where the needle was put.
The heel stick test poses very minimal risk to your infant. When the heel is pricked, your infant can feel a slight pinch, and a tiny bruise might develop there.
Even though taking blood from an artery hurts more than taking it from a vein, complications are rare. The area where the needle was put may bleed, bruise, or hurt. Additionally, you should avoid heavy lifting for 24 hours after the exam.
What are the different types of Blood Tests?
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) This test counts every blood cell, including hemoglobin, platelets, red and white blood cells, as well as plasma. A CBC is typically a component of a standard exam.
- Basic Metabolic Panel These tests look at the concentrations of different blood components like calcium, glucose, and electrolytes.
- Enzyme Blood Test Your body’s chemical processes are controlled by enzymes. There are numerous kinds of blood enzyme tests available. The troponin and creatine kinase tests are two of the most common types. These tests are done to determine if you’ve had a heart attack and/or if your heart muscle is harmed.
- Blood Clotting Test Blood clotting tests are frequently referred to as “coagulation panels.” These examinations can reveal diseases that cause excessive bleeding or clotting.
- Blood Test for Heart Attack A triglyceride test and a cholesterol test are two of them (lipid profile).
- STD Tests You can take an STD test in Dubai to find out if you are infected. Testing can help you obtain the care you need and may prevent the spread of disease.
The examinations can help in the detection of several diseases and disorders, such as immune system abnormalities, blood cancer, infections, clotting problems, and anemia.
Lastly, we have compiled all the important information about Blood Tests in Dubai. So, whenever you are going for blood tests then keep all of the above points in mind. The information will help you become familiar with what happens in a blood test.